The Mission of the Sulphur Chamber of Commerce is to provide visionary leadership to enhance economic growth and business retention (including agriculture, tourism and business), enrich the quality of life and instill pride for the people of our community.
The 158 plus members of the Chamber actively strive to keep Sulphur moving in the right direction. The Chamber's purpose is to do whatever may be required to maintain positive economic conditions, in order to support those people willing to invest their time, talent and money in the Sulphur business community. The Chamber seeks to assist these persons and believes that through their efforts the quality of life for all the citizens of Sulphur is improved.
The Sulphur Chamber of Commerce employs an Executive Director to provide information to the public regarding the surrounding communities, to handle all correspondence, provide guidance to committees on projects and services and to oversee the budget.
The Chamber receives over 9000 requests per year for tourism and relocation information and fulfills each request with a personal phone call or packet prepared especially for the recipient. The Chamber produces city maps and brochures for free distribution.
Chamber members meet twice a month to network with other business owners, hear relevant programs and educate themselves on the varied resources and activities available to them. The Chamber nominates businesses, projects and individuals for city, state and national merit.
The Sulphur Chamber of Commerce operates on a budget which pays fixed costs such as postage, building expenses, staff salaries, utilities and other operating costs and funds for projects and services throughout the year. Approximately one half of the budget is funded through membership dues; the remaining budget is obtained through promotional fundraisers throughout the year.
The Sulphur Chamber of Commerce is located at 717 W. Broadway. We are housed in a beautiful building that was constructed in 2002. Due to our visible location close to the Chickasaw National Recreation Area, we have a great advantage to promote our local businesses through walk-ins to the chamber.
The Sulphur Chamber of Commerce will…
- Provide business referrals to its members,
- Maintain the Sulphur Chamber of Commerce office at 717 West Broadway,
- Answer the business community, visitor mail and phone calls,
- Maintain a professional staff to represent the business community and greet new community members and visitors,
- Distribute Sulphur city maps, visitor packets, relocation and business recruitment packets at no charge,
- Distribute community data in cooperation with the Oklahoma Department of Commerce and local organizations,
- Recognize the potential of tourism and maintain memberships in the Arbuckle Mountain Area Tourism Association and the Oklahoma Travel Industry Association,
- Maintain tourism information for the State of Oklahoma,
- Provide semi-monthly membership meetings,
- Recognize outstanding contributions to community businesses and individuals at the Annual Meeting each January,
- Provide updated membership lists and make them available to current members,
- Sponsor community activities throughout the year,
- Act as the primary lobbying entity for the business community at the state and federal level,
- Take the lead in facilitating business and event recruitment to the area,
- Maintain local information on the Sulphur website.